- Choose to receive care from a trained periodontist
- Enjoy the advantage of laser dental treatment
- Avoid pain with the sedation dentistry we offer
Periodontal infections can cause real problems for your oral health. It can also invade the rest of your body. In fact, gum disease has been found to invade and affect every single organ and system of the body. It impacts your risk of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and more. Fortunately, you can get gum disease treatment in Cumming, GA to:
- Remove the source of your infection
- Eliminated infected gum tissue
- Fight bad breath
- Repair your diseased gums
Keep Your Gums In Good Shape
Periodontal disease is more common than many people realize. The Centers for Disease Control estimates that nearly half of adults 30 and older have some form of this disease. How an infection is treated will depend on how severe it is. Your treatment may involve one or more of the following:
- Scaling and Root Planing — This is a deep cleaning in which we remove plaque and tartar buildup on the roots of your teeth. We then smooth the surface of the tooth so it is easier for your gums to reattach.
- LANAP — This technique uses dental lasers to evaporate infected tissue and preserve more of your healthy tissue.
- Antibiotics — To prevent reinfection, it may be necessary to administer antibiotics to kill any lingering harmful bacteria.
To keep you pain-free during your care, be sure to ask about our dental sedation. You may suffer gum recession as a result of periodontal problems. You’ll be glad to know that we can perform the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique® to restore your gumline to its original position, with no incisions or stitching needed.
Recognize The Signs Of Gum Problems
In the early stages of a periodontal infection, your gums may look red, swollen, or both. They also may bleed when you brush and floss or come in for professional dental cleanings and exams. As the infection gets worse, you may notice lingering bad breath, receding gums, pain when you eat, and loose teeth. Fortunately for you, our own Dr. Page Barden is a program trained periodontist. He routinely treats gum problems and the supporting structures of the teeth. He can even revive the appearance of your smile with Botox and dermal fillers.
Don’t hesitate to call 770-738-4103 if you suspect you may need periodontal care. You can also for gum disease treatment in Cumming, GA.