Fix Your Mouth With Gum Disease Treatment in Cumming
It’s important to have a healthy mouth, and ignoring an infection in your gums can lead to more serious problems later down the road. Gum disease can invade and affect every single organ and system of the body. It also increases your risk of heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and more. The earlier you address periodontal disease, the better it will be for your oral health and for the rest of your body. By fixing your gums with gum disease treatment in Cumming, you will:
- Remove the source of your infection
- Eliminated infected gum tissue
- Fight bad breath
- Repair your diseased gums
- Improve your self-confidence with your healthy, beautiful smile
You can come to Inspiring Smiles for expert periodontics care for your gums as part of our general dentistry. Call 770-738-4103 today to schedule an appointment soon.
Keep Your Gums In Good Shape
Periodontal disease is more common than many people realize. The Centers for Disease Control estimates that nearly half of adults 30 and older have some form of this disease. How an infection is treated will depend on how severe it is. Your periodontics treatment may involve one or more of the following:
- Scaling and Root Planing — This is a deep cleaning in which we remove plaque and tartar buildup on the roots of your teeth. We then smooth the surface of the tooth so it is easier for your gums to reattach.
- LANAP — This technique uses dental lasers to evaporate infected tissue and preserve more of your healthy tissue.
- Antibiotics — To prevent reinfection, it may be necessary to administer antibiotics to kill any lingering harmful bacteria.
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique® — This procedure will restore receding gums to their original position without incisions or stitching required.
We also offer dental sedation that will help you stay relaxed and pain-free.
Recognize The Signs Of Gum Problems
It’s important to be proactive about your oral health, and there are a few ways to detect the early signs of a periodontal infection. You may notice:
- Gums that look red, swollen, or both
- Gums that bleed when you brush and floss
In the later stages, symptoms include lingering bad breath, pain when you eat, receding gums, and loose teeth.
That’s why it’s so important to come in for professional dental cleanings and exams, so we can examine your mouth for signs of an infection. Plus, our very own Dr. Page Barden is a program-trained periodontist. He routinely treats gum problems and the supporting structures of the teeth.
Schedule your appointment today for gum disease treatment in Cumming by calling us at 770-738-4103 or .