Sometimes to fix a problem, you have to get rid of something. In oral care, we have seen the value of tooth removal in Cumming, GA. Extracting teeth can:Anxiety Free Experiences Read Transcript
When a tooth needs to be removed, let's take an instance, a patient's got a severe decay in the tooth and it's gone down below the bone there and we've got a lot of infection. Many times. What we'll do is we'll put the patient on antibiotic and some pain medication to get the infection reduced to the point where we can be able to see them and comfortably be able to remove the tooth. Sometimes when we get into a hot situation like that, we will give certain anesthetics that are able to block the pain better than the conventional anesthetics that we have.
We have certain techniques that are able to get right directly to the area and allow the patient to be more comfortable. Sometimes we will use nitrous oxide for sedation to help the patient relieves some of the anxiousness that they have during that. Again, a good postoperative course comes from good administration of medication, preoperatively, if we can and then also postoperatively. Sometimes if the tooth is broken off and the tooth needs to come out, we can place an implant at the same time. And in many instances, place a tooth over the top of the implant, which allows the patient to return to work, return to life as if the tooth was still there. And it provides a service for them and it improves the quality of their life.
- Stop pain
- Prepare your mouth for orthodontic care
- Make room for teeth replacements
- Avoid additional problems
To keep your mouth healthy, taking out a tooth or teeth can be beneficial. To talk to one of our doctors about this, call 770-738-4103 to set up an appointment at Inspiring Smiles.
Take Out Teeth That Are Causing You Trouble
We are happy to offer oral surgery to patients at our practice. Tooth extractions are one of our most common procedures. We do this for a variety of reasons:
- Orthodontic Treatment — Crowding can make orthodontic care more complicated. By removing a tooth or a few teeth, you can have a straight, healthy smile in less time.
- Implant Placements – If you are replacing multiple teeth, taking out the few that are left can make room for a more secure set of replacement teeth.
- Damaged Teeth – When a tooth is severely broken, cracked, or decayed, it may not be possible to repair it with restorations. Taking out the tooth and replacing it can be the best option.
- Impacted Teeth – When teeth don’t have enough room to erupt correctly, they may remain below the gumline or partially emerge. This often happens with wisdom teeth.
Be Proactive About Problematic Teeth
More often than not, we want to do everything possible to help you keep your teeth for as long as you can. In those rare cases when an extraction is the solution to an oral health concern, we are here to help. We also want to ease any anxiety you may feel about this procedure. You can feel confident that you won’t feel pain during your surgery, thanks to our dental sedation options.
Contact Inspiring Smiles if you have questions about tooth removal in Cumming, GA. Our doctors will be happy to examine your mouth and answer your questions. Call 770-738-4103 today to set up a consultation, or .